Friday 31 October 2008

A quick one!


Hi everyone,

I was asked to make a card at the last minute for someone who is leaving work to have a baby.

Well I don't have any of the stamps I needed, so here is another hand-drawn effort, obviously based on the Magnolia characters...I tried to make it look like a pregnant lady....not sure it works, but hey ho!!!

I have used a layout I saw on Bev's blog which I liked and seemed to fit this A5 size card.....I'm so used to square ones now, I didn't know what to do....thanks BEV!

The papers and the flowers and the ribbon are what I won on aSfOs, aren't they gorgeous, everything coloured with promarkers.

Just a quick post as I have to go to work in an hour :( ......... don't forget to pop back tomorrow as it's Sketch Saturday

have a lovely day, thanks for stopping by

17 comments:

Line said...

Wow, you've actually drawn that yourself?? I'm impressed!! :)
I thought instantly that this was a card for a pregnant lady, so you've accomplished the look you were going for;)
Have a wonderful weekend!
Hugs, Line

Desire Fourie said...

This is gorgeous and I am sure the recipient is going to be chaffed with it. Cannot believe how beautiful you draw. You should disregard all stamps and keep on drawing. Warm regards

Diane.W. said...

Wow!!! This is brilliant!!! I knew she was pregnant & thought she was a stamp!!!! Your drawing is excellent & your card is luvly :o)x

bumblebee creations said...

Ditto, ditto, ditto!! GREat job-can't beleive you have drawn that yourself!! Amazing!

Sue said...

very pretty card Gill ,gorgeous colours:)

sue
xx

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Wow! I too thought it was a stamp at first and she defnitely looks preggo! Great job and beautiful as always!

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Wow gill this is such a great card and what a wonderful drawing hun!! I have to say there are so many of you talented bloggers out there. Well done hun. Hugs Linda x

Mel said...

You are so talented your image is fab just a great card ~ Mel

Natalie said...

Great card, I love the image and papers. x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

What what a fab card, love the image you have drawn (you are just too clever!). Happy Halloween hun and hope you have a great weekend, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Fabulous card Gill, your drawing is fantastic! Debbie x

Sonia said...

Its brilliant and can't believe its hand drawn, beautifully coloured. Love it.
Hugs Sonia x

Jill said...

wow Gill you should be so proud of yourself hun this is fabby. You should be getting your images made into stamps hun Jill x

Anonymous said...

I was trying to see where I could buy that stamp!! Tee Hee!! and I realise that it's hand drawn by you. fabulous!! defo looks preggers.
Love this card
Hugs
Sandra xx

debby4000 said...

Wow fabulous card and brilliant drawing and yes she looks pregnant to me.

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Wowzers! can't believe you drew that yourself..you girl have got talent! All I can do is colour! She looks pregnant and her hands behind her back give her that pregnant pose! Fabby work!

Judy x

Frances said...

This is just brilliant Gill and dare I say as good, if not better then some of the stamps that I've seen around heehee. xx