Tuesday 26 August 2008

Sketch Saturday



Morning everyone,

Jo over at Sketch Saturday has an awesome sketch on her challenge blog this week and is also looking for DT members, so I thought I would give it a try.

You had to make 2 projects using the same sketch, one Christmas and one anything you like, so here are my two cards



Birthday card
  • Image: Sweet Ebony from Sugar Nellie
  • Medium: Promarkers
  • Paper: MME
  • Flowers, brads and ribbons from stash

Christmas card

  • Image: hAngler
  • Medium: Promarkers
  • Paper: K & Co
  • Sentiments: Royal blush bubble stickers
  • Flowers, brads, ribbon and snowflake buttons from stash

You will notice that I have used Promarkers! yes I finally was able to buy some, only a few :( and I absolutely love them, they are so easy to use, quite a change from 'painting' everything with my Marvy pens. I haven't been able to do the shading quite as well due to the lack of pens, but I think I did ok for a first attempt. It's not long till my birthday.....I know what I'm asking for!! Thanks to Fran for the help and advice and the wicked tutorial.

Anyway, enough waffle, thanks for stopping by, have a super day

19 comments:

Rach said...

two fabulous card Gill,
love your colouring with the pro markers..looks brilliant. good luck with the dt call.xx

Jo said...

awwwwww 2 adorable cards there Gill.
could I have a hot cocoa too please? what a fab sentiment that is ;)
Thank you for taking part,
Jo xx

cats whiskers said...

Oh wow Gill two brilliant cards, you have got those promarkers down to a fine art, best of luck with the DT post.
Hugs Jacqui x

Maya said...

Ohh Gill,this are stunning!
Love them booth :)

Hugs from Maya

Camilla said...

Two gorgeous card Gill! Congratulations with your new pens, your colouring is great!:)
Hugs, Camilla.

Jill said...

wow Gill I just love them both and .......... ooohh your colouring in with those pro markers is amazing, what do you use to put the white shading or do you just not colour that area in? wow I lost for words I just so impressed Jill x

Hanne said...

Two gorgeous cards, Gill, love them both! Lovely colouring! Good luck with the dt call, I'll vote for you :)

Have a nice day,
hugs Hanne:)

debby4000 said...

These are gorgeous, fingers crossed for you.

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Both cards are gorgeous Gill and your colouring is fab with your ProMarkers, love your choice of gorgeous dp. Good luck with the DT call, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Two great cards Gill, Beautiful coloring on both. Al, good luck with your DT entry.

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

two gorgeous cards gill.
love that you went with the two ribbons on the first card.
hugs
claudia

COCO said...

wo very beautiful card and I like your colours !!!!

Diane.W. said...

Hi Gill! Both cards are really luvly.Good Luck with the DT.
I have an award for you on my blog!!! :o)x

Frances said...

ooo, both gorgeous Gill! Love the colours you have chosen and if this is with limited colours, look forward to seeing what you create when you get more :)

good luck with the dt post. x

Mariska said...

Wow they are pretty Gill. Love your colouring. Good luck on the DT challenge!!!

xxx
Mariska

Jeanette said...

These are beautiful cards! Your coloring with the markers is great! Good Luck with the DT call! Jeanette

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

ummmm... WOW! and WOW!!! and WOW again! i love both of these cards! you always color them in so perfectly ..and it all flows so well. Perfect cards!

COCO said...

congratulation for the design team !!!

Bev said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards Gill, no wonder you made it on to the DT, CONGRATS!!!

hugs Bev x