Monday 11 August 2008

2 in 1 challenge with a little help from Marlene



Morning everyone,
Hope you all had a lovely weekend and are fighting fit this Monday morning.

I'm really late this week with my entry for a spoon full as my inspiration had just totally gone AWOL and I couldn't think of anything to use as 'recycle'.
In the end I went for a ribbon which I cut from an old shop bought card, a flower from an artificial flower bunch and the sentiment is cut from a piece of vellum I used for a wedding card, so I actually managed to recycle 3 things, small as they are.

I have based this card on a sketch from the extremely talented Marlene and although I haven't used an oval, I think the foundations are there, it was a super sketch to work with, thanks a bunch Marlene. I used this gorgeous hAngler stamp which fits perfectly with the theme on CCT which is 'the two of us'.
  • Image: hAngler and stAngler
  • Paper: BG and I don't know
  • Medium: Watercolour pens
  • Sentiment, ribbon and flower - recycled

Thanks for looking, I'll be back later with a lovely award I received

17 comments:

Rach said...

Gill this is beautiful. great choice of colours, your image is coloured in beautifully. hugs rachxx

Camilla said...

Really beautiful card Gill!! Good work manage to recycle three things;)
Hugs, Camilla.

Anonymous said...

Ohh.. fabulous card and great colours!! Thanks for using the sketch Gill, the card is Superb!! :D

Hugs, Marlene x

Heather D. ~ Fresh Brewed Designs said...

this is SO sweet! I love your shading!!! Also, great recycling! that would have been hard for me. BEAUTIFUL flower. I would go buy a bunch of those after seeing the results.:)

Debbie said...

Gorgeous card Gill Great recycled items.Thanks for playing along this week.
Hugs Debbie x

paylin said...

This is a lovely card, those colour are great and I love your stamp for the challenge.

Well just to drop by to say " hello " takecare and have a great day

Regards,
x

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Another beautiful card...OF COURSE! I love the softness of the colors and of course I adore pink and brown together!

Have a great day!

Lisa

Trina said...

This is so beautiful Gill!! I love those images - they are adorable! You colors are great, and I am amazed by the amount of recycling you did! Thanks for joining our challenge!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Hi Gill, gorgeous card love the hanglar images and the beautiful colour scheme you have used. Hugs Nikki x

Jill said...

gorgeous card Gill, love the colours and papers. your colouring in is fab Jill xx

Tindaloo said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Lovely colors :)

NGCARDS said...

fab card hun i love the colours =)
thank you for visiting my blog, its been a pleasure looking at yours =_
xxx

Ila said...

Wow!!! I love this card...your coloring and images...all absolutley Beautiful!!...Hugs, Ila

Richelle said...

Gorgeous card! love the colors you used-very pretty.

Diane.W. said...

Very pretty card & colours :o)x

debby4000 said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, beautiful colours and stunning image.

Bev said...

Love the dreamy papers you've used here Gill, so prefect for the gorgeous image. Love it!!