Friday 22 August 2008

A spoon full of sugar


Morning everyone
Here is my card for this weeks a spoon full which was a gorgeous sketch by Debbie . There is a fabulous prize up for grabs this week including a Whiff of Joy stamp and don't forget you can now use any stamp you like.

I was going to do a completely different card, when I read on Jacqui's blog, the sketch was a good way to use up scraps and then I remembered I had these 2 squares of gorgeous paper somewhere at the bottom of the drawer, thanks Jacqui, for jogging my memory!

I really like the way it all turned out

Here are the details
  • Image: Sweet Ebony 'giddy up' from Sugar Nellie
  • Medium: Watercolour pens
  • Paper: Crate paper (I think!) and the stripe one I don't know (gosh I'm rubbish with the names of papers!!)
  • Sentiment: Studio g
  • Flowers, brads, button and ribbon from stash

Thanks for looking, I have to work today, so will be back later with a bit of blog catchup

Have a super day

18 comments:

Rach said...

Hi Gill,
This is a fantastic card, I love your scraps they look so effective..beautiful colouring of your image.Thanks for sharing... big hugs rachxx

Jill said...

wow Gill this is gorgeous I love those papers (wish I had scraps like this) amazing colouring I just love it. Jill x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is beautiful Gill and the image goes so well with the dp, fabulous colouring as always, Hugs, Nikki x

Debbie said...

Beautiful card Gill Love the gorgeous DP,Thanks for playing along this week,
Hugs Debbie x

Mandy said...

fab card Gill, love your colouring on the image

Mandy

Diane.W. said...

This is stunning,Gill! Just perfect :o)x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

gill this is absolutely wonderful!!
hugs
claudia

cats whiskers said...

Evening Gill thanks for your lovely comments they always cheer me up. I love the colours you have used on this card and it is coloured so beautifully, I really like this stamp but can never get it to look right when I colour it. I love your new look blog too. Have a great WeekendHugs Jacqui xx

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Gill and your colouring is totally wonderful! Love your scraps of paper...!
Carole ;o)

Bev said...

Oooh this is just a lil' bit gorge Gill - really love this one - the colours and papers are a perfect match for that super cute image. Love your colouring of the image too - fab-u-lous!!!

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Awesome card! Your little cowgirl is just sooo cute!

Kathy said...

Beautiful card Gill!! I love the colors you have used and yes it was perfect for this card!! Your image is so cute and colored in wonderfully!! Nice job with the sketch!! :)Kathy

debby4000 said...

fantastic card, that image works so well with the papers you've choosen.

Unknown said...

Wonderful card! Love the colors and the pattern paper you`ve used! And the image is just so adorable!!

Jorunn
xx

Camilla said...

Hi Gill!! Another stunning card!! Love it!!
Thank you sooo much for the card you sent me!:) Wow it is fantastic! Beautiful colours and image;) I was so happy when I opened the letter:) I still have a big smile in my face:D Hope it is ok that I show the card o my blog?!
Hugs, Camilla.

LizzyWizzy said...

What a cool card - nice! :-)

Zoe said...

Hi Gill, I love the cute image and i love the paper.
love
zoe
xxxxx

Frances said...

Gorgeous Gill! Those papers go really well with that cowgirl image. xx